My tuition is about lifting competence and confidence
Where is Advance Tuition based?
Rototuna in Hamilton
Why is individual tuition important for students with learning difficulties such as dyslexia?
Individual tuition is tailored to a student’s actual learning needs each week. Students work one-to-one with a fully qualified and experienced teacher who has specialised in teaching students with these specific learning difficulties. There are no distractions and students are able to ask questions and work at their own pace.
Will students have homework?
No. I have found over the years that homework can actually cause more stress for parents and students, therefore there is no benefit for providing homework. However, if students wish to practise their newly learnt skills and strategies at home this will speed up the learning process and consolidate skills and strategies learnt.
How do I pay for lessons?
Lessons are booked and paid for in advance. Payment can be made in cash or through Internet banking. No long term commitment required.
What if a student misses a lesson that is paid for? Will I be refunded?
Due to limited spaces I am unable to refund fees for a lesson that is not attended. However, sometimes a catch up lesson may be offered.
How will students be assessed?
An assessment is undertaken when your child first begins their tuition, and after each lesson. Each week lessons are tailored for your child’s actual learning needs.
What is different about your tuition?
- Tailored tuition is provided on an individual basis. One student to one teacher throughout the whole lesson.
- Lessons are provided in a quiet and calm learning environment where there are no distractions and therefore students are focused on their learning.
- My lessons are systematic and multi-sensory. Students will see, hear and manipulate learning materials.
- I have a passion for teaching students to develop confidence with reading, spelling, writing and undertaking basic mathematics.
- I have specialist knowledge, qualifications and experience in teaching students with learning difficulties, such as dyslexia.
- I understand, and have empathy for those who are experiencing difficulties with learning.
- I focus on providing meaningful and tailored lessons for students.
- I pride myself on doing my very best for each and every student I teach.
- I provide flexible lesson options. Students may come for one lesson per week or two lessons per week.
If you have any further questions please e-mail me using the online form or phone/text me on 021 412 140