My tuition is about teaching your child the strategies they need to become a successful reader and writer.
I genuinely care about providing tuition that results in positive learning outcomes; while enhancing a child’s self-esteem. I go the extra mile to provide activities that fit with your child’s individual learning style.
My particular expertise is in teaching those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia.
Each week your child’s lesson is specifically planned based on what their actual learning needs are.
Benefits of this Tailored Tuition:
- Children learn at their own pace
- Children experience success and therefore their motivation is increased
- Lessons are tailored to children’s actual learning needs
- Lessons fit with each child’s learning style
- Children are actively involved in their learning
- A range of multi-sensory materials are used
- Children can ask questions without fear of judgement
- Children build a great working relationship with me as their teacher
- Parents have a direct relationship with me as their child’s teacher
- Tuition is provided in a quiet environment where there are no distractions from other students
- Newly learnt skills and strategies are practised in a calm environment
- Confidence is boosted and self-esteem lifted
- Progress is monitored closely
- Motivation is increased
- Reading and writing becomes achievable and fun
- Children learn alongside an experienced and highly qualified teacher throughout their lesson
My learning environment is calm and free from distractions and is entirely one teacher to one student for the whole lesson.
- Fully qualified, experienced and registered New Zealand teacher
- Bachelor of Education Teaching Degree
- Master of Education Degree with Distinction in Special Education
- Professional Coaching Diploma
- National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education
- SPELD Teaching Certificate
“Helen’s warmth of character and caring nature, combined with her technical qualifications and fundamental interest to help kids learn, is a very rare combination. We do not hesitate to recommend her.” James and Lisa.
“Thanks to Helen’s unique style of teaching and her ability to adapt to me, I was able to achieve excellences in English” Shownok.
E-mail Helen or phone/text me on 021 412 140